Whether you’re behind the wheel or above the clouds, traveling can be fun. It can also be very costly if you don’t prepare long before your trip ever begins. With Get Real Dallas 2016 right around the corner, it’s time to start planning for your travels right now so you can get the most bang for your buck.
To help you save money during your trek to Get Real Dallas 2016, we’ve compiled a list of travel hacks you should take advantage of to keep your money where it belongs – in your hands.
- When flying into Dallas, you can land at either DFW International Airport or Dallas Love Field. If you decide to fly Southwest Airlines, remember to look into Wanna Get Away flight options that may offer more affordable deals from your location.
- Apps like Expedia and Hopper are a great way to search for round-trip plans that fit your budget.
- You know how road trips go: stop at the gas station to fill up the tank and use the restroom, end up checking out with all the snacks and drinks you can hold. Before hitting the road, remember to pack some snacks and read these helpful tips on how to get more mileage out of your vehicle.
There are many ways for you and your team to navigate Downtown Dallas during Get Real. Check out the following options and remember to download any supplemental apps to your devices:
- Before arriving in Dallas, make sure to check out food and restaurant review sites, like GuideLive.com. This can help you put together a plan and stick to a budget prior to the conference.
- Eat with a group and share appetizers instead of ordering a meal for yourself.
- Check out the food trucks in Klyde Warren Park near the American Airlines Center. The park is only a 10-minute walk from the arena.
- Pack light! This makes traveling easier and you don’t have to worry about additional bag fees when flying. You can also use the hotel’s laundry room/services to wash any clothes you might need again.
- Limit the number of devices you travel with. Bring an iPad or tablet to take notes, check email and connect with family instead of lugging around laptops, cords and notepads.
- Bring comfy shoes. Comfort is key when walking throughout the hotel and going out on the town. Also, remember to check the weather prior to departure so you can pack accordingly.
- Hotels will often provide toiletries such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and shampoo, but if you must bring your own from home, use travel-sized toiletries to save space and money.
- Roll your clothes when packing instead of folding. It saves valuable space. Plus, you can always iron your clothes once you arrive at the hotel.
- Take advantage of Nerium’s negotiated rates to get save money when you book your hotel.
- Share a room with a team member or fellow Brand Partner to split the room bill.
- Check the amenities! Hotels often offer amenities such as free airport shuttles, complimentary breakfast, free wifi, and access to laundry appliances, which can save you a bundle of money on your trip.
Traveling can now be fun and affordable as you prepare for Get Real Dallas 2016 from Sept 8-10 at the American Airlines Center.
We can’t wait to see you in September!